I have been meaning to take you with me to visit Bridport for sometime, and share with you their wonderful Vintage Quarter. Historically Bridport was famous for making rope and nets which were used on warships, fishermans boats and for hangman nooses. The making of rope and net still continues here today, but on a smaller scale. There are old winding sheds and early factories, and some of these now been converted into workshops, studios and antique warehouses but this area is now sadly under theat from developers.
 |
| Furniture restorers |
 |
| I remember having a picture similar to this when I was a child. |
 |
| The displays are beautiful - I would love an old dresser like this! |
 |
| It also has a wonderful cafe. |
They have recently set up an Industrial and Provident Society to try and raise funds to regenerate this area and sustain the development of low cost small businesses. I shall be supporting them in this quest as it is such a lovely and unique place, how awful it would be to lose this. I love vintage!
Welcome to my new followers
Kate and
Franka it's wonderful to link up with others from different countries. I saw Suzy from
Rustic Village Country always welcomes new followers. I thought it was a nice touch so I will be doing this in future too! I'm sorry I haven't enough space to individually mention all my 32 followers especially those that have been there from the early days. Thank you and welcome to everyone who regularly pops in to read my ramblings.
Sarah
0 Yorumlar