I am so enjoying my extra day off each week, and expect that eventually I will discover how to take better photos and even how to use the scanner feature of the printer I bought last week.
Meanwhile, let the spirit of this watercolor send my Valentine to you all.
Let's see, what else might I tell you, now that the numbness from this afternoon's dentist visit has worn off. I would recommend my dentist to anyone. She repaired two vintage fillings this afternoon, finishing the entire bit before I thought she'd finished with the first. I must have drifted off to dreamland in that chair.
Before heading into midtown New York City for that repair work, I followed the excellent advice of Gina, and bought a beautiful mini orchid at my neighborhood Trader Joe's store. If this graceful flower survives my apartment's challenging atmosphere, I might just add another orchid or two this window sill. On my next day off, I will be drawing this beauty and perhaps even doing a watercolor study. This little orchid plant also has another graceful stem full of promising buds.
As Stevie Wonder might put it, isn't she lovely?
I've also been using an easy to follow chevron knitting pattern from Jane Brocket's book, The Gentle Art of Knitting. If any of you have not yet visited Jane's blog, I definitely recommend clicking on over there.
I am using some odds and ends of four ply yarns, the background yarn is from Malabrigo and the stripes are mostly from Koigu.
The pattern is so easy to remember that the rows just fly by.
I still feel as if I am in the very early stages of adapting myself to my new work schedule. I hope to show you all many more photos in the weeks to come. I have no idea what those photos might feature.
What fun it is to look forward to solving that mystery!
Lots of love to you Valentines.
0 Yorumlar