I. Am. Tired. I am plum tuckered out. This year is really starting to take its toll on me. Lots of stress, some of it good and a good portion of it bad. I am tired. This graduation and all the festivities have put me over the edge. While I am so proud of my son, I worry about him too, as all Mother's do. Mr. 18 year old had a bit too much fun on the evening of his graduation, so he is now grounded. The worry never stops does it? We had a party for my son and his best buddy at our house Saturday evening. All the cleaning, prep work, organizing, smiling, conversation, more smiling and clean up afterward has worn me out. For some reason I am having trouble bouncing back from all the activity. Maybe it is the dreaded Menopause, or my thyroid is low, or I am out of shape or I have just plain hit the wall.
My MIL has been visiting this past week to help us celebrate. I have written about her before and you know how absolutely amazing she is. Imagine being almost 94 and traveling to Florida for your grandson's graduation. But now she requires a great deal of time. Time that I love to give her, but time none the less. She now has really terrible short term memory. Most of the time it isn't an issue as you just repeat the same conversations, over and over again. What makes it more and more difficult is now her feeling are getting hurt. If you tell her you are going to work, an appointment, or to take a shower, she forgets and feels like you have left her. Even if you remind her several times, leave her a note, etc., her feeling get hurt. She is so wonderful and has been such an active, loving participant in my kids lives that the last thing I wan to do is hurt her feelings. It is funny how she remembers negative emotions even if she doesn't remember what really happened.
So while we have been sitting and chatting, I have been working on this. The Cardi Shrug by Jennifer L. Jones. This free pattern can be found on Ravelry. This is the lovely hand spun yarn I bought a while back. With only 465 precious yards to work with, I thought a shrug might be a perfect project for this yarn.
It is worked from the top down, with raglan sleeves. I like that as I am tall and can really make the most of the yarn I have making the shrug as long as I want. To my total surprise, Jane over at Hook and Yarn just completed the same project. Pop on over to her blog to take a peek. Of course in true Meredith fashion I do not have the correct yarn, gauge, needle size, etc. Another fly by the seat of my pants project. My yarn is much too thin, I had to go up a needle size and still do not have gauge. I have added more repeats, and I am going to hope for the best. It is an easy knit, so that has helped me tremendously this past week.
So now I am off to work and hopefully will be able to catch my breath this weekend. Sorry for whining, but as I said before I am worn out!
Here is hoping you have a lot more energy than me.
0 Yorumlar