Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nu Lips

Fake Friend by Popcaan
Every now and then I get that itch, you know the 7 year day itch that just won't leave me alone when I see a new beauty online. I know its almost disgusting - here I am sitting with a harem of talent at my fingertips and all I can think about is how well, will the new it-thang-a-ma-ting perform. I can almost feel the quiet disdain of the previous ones sneer as I rip open packages and unveil my new fresh prize of the moment ... "Hoar-der!", they scream. "Lipstick fiend!" they call me but, who are they to stop me from my burning aching right to beautify and pamper my gluttony.

... okay, I'm extra but, you get the point. I like lip products and I have been in 8 minds about purchasing new products when I really don't need to. If makeup was the food of life I would be set for a long time. Yet, it isn't and I did what one-eighth of my mind told me not to do and bought a few things from Beauty Bay. It's all right, my other lip products aren't really annoyed (they love me really) and I have a sneaky suspicion the post workers really do like to see me (somewhere in a post office a worker scoffs). Anyway, enough of my public flogging! Here are the "nu lips" things.


Milani Ludicrous Lip Gloss in 120 She's All That
Milani  Ludicrous lip gloss in She's All That
After writing my post on Milani, I felt a little nostalgic and decided I'd try a new lip gloss from their new line. The shades "She's All That" and "Whatever" are said to be dupes for Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow. Since I don't have any Fenty lip glosses I can't say if they are or not but, I think it's worth mentioning because those who have both, have highlighted similarities. She's All That is a nice subtle golden shimmered lip gloss that is not sticky and has that nice amount of shine which is not over the top for daily wear. It has a slight sweet smell that isn't overpowering or pretty noticeable. 
Price: £13.50 (for 4.5g) - I know? Where in the shiny name of "drugstore" does Milani come up with these prices for the UK? ($8 in the US). For £3.50 you might as well buy Fenty because you get double the product (9ml) and it's more compact for small bags/purses.


Wet N' Wild Matte Megalast in Sexpot Red
Wet N' Wild Matte Megalast lipstick in Sexpot Red
Part of me got this shade for the name. What can I say? I'm more than grown now *pulls out big lady boots*. Plus, it's no secret - I love red lipstick - and this shade is an interesting matte brick-red yet, surprisingly I wasn't that in awe with it at first (I know, shocking!). Maybe its because I'm getting old older that I actually prefer using a dark red lip liner with this brighter orangey-red shade, so it's not as shocking. Now, I've tried Wet N' Wild Megalast formula before, and honestly, I wasn't particularly ecstatic about the finish. However, this new formula looks and feels different. It has a matte look, a solid texture but moisturising feel that's not too creamy/thin (my "problem" with the older version). To me, the newer formula feels like it clings better to the lips and will last longer than the previous Megalast line, plus it's not as shiny.
Price: £3.95 (for 3.3g)



Wet N' Wild  Megalast High-Shine Brilliance in Fire Fighting 
Wet N' Wild High Shine lipstick in Fire Fighter
Real talk - I wasn't expecting much from this lipstick as I only bought it to try out the formula but, I'm so glad I did. I really love this fresh dewy wash of colour it's so nice! It feels super moisturising, has a beautiful sheen and a soft texture on the lips. This is the kind of lip colour and formula made for summer, as it's so fresh and dewy! The finish reminds me of Essence Sheer & Shine Lipstick in "Be Happy" but, this formula is plusher and not thin.
Price: £3.95 (for 3.3g)


Wet N' Wild  Silk Finish Lipstick Fuchsia With Blue Pearl
Wet N' Wild Silk Finish lipstick in Fuchsia with Blue Pearl

This shade reminded me of the lush liquid lipstick in Passionate (see Patent Purple Life talk about it here) that I was nicely cajoled into buying. 

Don't you just love lush reps? I know it's part and parcel of their role (many sales roles) but Lush reps have that sweet "Hey, I see you over there trying to avoid me, I'm going to come over there and make you feel that bit more uncomfortable for looking around in a store without actually wanting to buy anything" type of smile (and talk) which makes the socially awkward worm in us all (because I've got to project "my worms" onto you too) shimmy out our wallets in bitter surrender. 

I basically was suckered into getting it because it was such and I quote "unique" shade and at the time it was unique to me. However, Fuchsia with Blue Pearl is not only more strong in its blue pearl fuchsia finish but it's cheaper too and has been around for decades. Hah! Anyway, unlike Lush Passionate this is a creamy lipstick that shares similarities in texture to Megalast High-Shine lipsticks and I actually like it more than the liquid lipstick because it's so creamy and bluer. Lush doesn't make Passionate anymore, so if you want an alternative for that shade, Fuchsia with Blue Pearl is it! Your wallet (and worms) will thank me. 
Price: £2 (for 3.6g)

So there you have it, these are just a few of the nu/new lip products that I will be trailing and profiling.



Have you bought any makeup recently?
What are you tactics to not get suckered in stores?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar